What type of Artist are you?

(DonnaL) #1

Hello to all the Artist's out there.  I knew from the time I was six years old that I would be an artist as an adult. I drew with pencils until I was a teenager. I then dabbled in some watercolor and acrylic painting. I found clay when I was 18. I became a production potter. Throwing hundreds of mugs, bowls, plates, tea pots, casserole dishes... I became bored with it.

Then I found sculpting!! I'm a professional dog trainer and obedience competitor. I found a nich and soon I was scupting dog show trophies. People would win a trophy and then would commision me to sculpt their dog. I sculpt dogs in porcelain or bronze. From 3" to life size. Any breed.

I'm a free-lance  artist and love my job!  How about you?

Donna

(Katelyn Dunstall) #2

[quote user="DonnaL"]

Then I found sculpting!! I'm a professional dog trainer and obedience competitor. I found a nich and soon I was scupting dog show trophies. People would win a trophy and then would commision me to sculpt their dog. I sculpt dogs in porcelain or bronze. From 3" to life size. Any breed.

I'm a free-lance  artist and love my job!  How about you?

Donna

[/quote]

That is so awesome! Live size too, that is so cool! I absolutely love art! Like you I have known since a very young age that I want to do something that involves art when I get older. :) I love to draw. Right now though I am focused mainly on photography and graphic design. I am taking a lot of courses next year in grade 11 focused around art and graphic design. I am just about to enter a photography contest that I am so excited for. I am also interested in music (mainly piano right now). I hope to one day become a graphic designer or photographer anyways I know that I want to do something with art. It is so nice to find someone who loves art like I do. :)

(DonnaL) #3

Hi Katelyn!

I hope you can go far with your photography and graphic design.  What is your favorite subject to photograph? What is your favorite subject to draw? What type of music to you play on the piano? 

When I was a youngster, I drew horses and dogs. Later I painted horses and dogs. Now I sculpt horses and dogs! 

Good luck in the photography contest. Let us know how it goes.

Donna

(Katelyn Dunstall) #4

Thank you for the good luck in the photography contest, I hand in my photos tomorrow. :) That is a hard question to answer since I generally enjoy taking photographs of anything. I guess if I had to choose one subject I would say animals. I find them the most difficult to photograph well, which makes it so much fun to photograph them (I love a challenge). ;) My favourite subject to draw would have to be trees and tigers. I like to draw them both because they are more difficult to get just right. There is a lot of detail and care that has to go into making both subjects look realistic. My favourite type of music to play is anything upbeat and fast pace (the happier the better). :P My favourite music to listen to would have to be rock and roll. ;) I will definitely let you know how the contest goes and I am so glad that you are in a profession that you love and enjoy, that is the most important. :D Talk to you soon.

Katey :D

(Katelyn Dunstall) #5

I will be sure to post the photos soon, I am curious of others opinions. :)

(toomshum) #6

I am new to the juvenation group. I am a Indian style classical dancer. I have learnt many forms of Indian dance - Bharathnatyam, kathak, manipuri and odissi. I have also learnt a little salsa. I love drawing and painting too.  

(MaryKate) #7

Hello you three! I was so excited when I joined Juvenation a few days ago and saw that there was a group of artists on here! My name is Mary Kate and I am a twenty-something painter and illustrator from the Philly area. I'm working on my first children's book and having a lot of fun doing a mock-up of several illustrations to show my potential publishers. I'm in love with my main character :)

I'd really like to see your photos Katelyn and Donna, you sculpt dogs?! That's so unique and fabulous! Have you ever done a French Bulldog? I want one so badly...I am going to name him Meatball!

(DonnaL) #8

Hi MaryKate and welcome!  How thrilling is that  to be working on your first children's book. I have always thought that would be cool to do. I have not, for the life of me, figured out how to upload photos to my posts. I think the best way to see my (or anyon'es photos) is clickl on their homepage and then click on "files". If it works, you will see how much fun I'm having with my art work

(Katelyn Dunstall) #9

?Tooshum, welcome to Juvenation! I love to dance although I am not very good at it. :P That is very cool that you are into dancing. What subject do you like to draw/paint?

Hey MaryKate welcome to Juvenation! That is so interesting that you are an illustrator, I think that is so cool! I will definitely post my photos for you to see. Although I didn't win the photo contest maybe I will this year! :D Tell me what you think.

(Katelyn Dunstall) #10

Here are the three photos I entered in last years contest. :)

(DonnaL) #11

Hey Katelyn, please share with me and others, how do you upload your photos to your post? These are very nice. I like the fish the best!

(Katelyn Dunstall) #12

Thanks! I will try to explain the best I can. :P To upload photos you first need to post what you want to say. After you post there should be a little pencil icon near the bottom of the post that says edit when you scroll over it. Click the pencil icon and it will take you into an edit window. In this you will see a toolbar above your post. In this toolbar there should be an icon that looks like a little picture which says insert image when you scroll over it. Click on this icon and then upload your photo. :) Tell me if it works or if you had any problems. :)

(DonnaL) #13

OK Katelyn, wish me luck ;-)  I'll give it a try...Awsome!!! Thanks Katelyn!!!

(gynnie12) #14

i like painting and drawing and sculpting! ohh and i  like taking pictures!

(DonnaL) #15

Wecome aboard Ann Elizabeth! What to you like to paint, draw and sculpt. What medium do you use for painting and sculpting. Send some photos :-)

(Mal) #16

Ann Elizabeth, I also draw, paint, and sculpt :) Yay!

(AlexisMarie) #17

Photography!! I LOVE taking pictures!

(AlexisMarie) #18

Katelyn These are AMAZING!! <3

(Katelyn Dunstall) #19

Thanks! I am glad you like them. :) I got a new camera for Christmas so I hope to take LOTS more! That is so cool that you like taking pictures! What is your favourite subject to photograph?

(AlexisMarie) #20

Yes you should take more and post them :slight_smile: haha you definitely have a gift! My favorite things to photograph would have to be like scenery! I go to Disney World A LOT so I usually take pictures of Disney world :slight_smile: