Woke up with a 328BS... Note to self... Never drink flavored vodka again

(ThePancreanator) #1

So when I drink I usually try to drink light beers or just liquor mixed with sugar free drinks, like last night for example.  I was drinking vodka and my favorite sugar free blue rockstar.  As usual, this drink actually usually lowers my BS and I have to be careful with it.  But since I never felt low I never checked, and I also decided to go with blueberry vodka at the ABC store opposed to regular vodka because it was on sale.  BIG MISTAKE.  I guess I could taste the sweetness but it was the same flavor as the energy drink so it wasn't really that noticable how much sugar I guess was apparently in it until I checked my BS at 7:00 this morning and it was 300+.   I guess somethings I learn the hardway.  I immediately hit the insulin and went running to try to lower it as fast as possible which seems to have worked.  But, again, I would not reccommend flavored drinks.  

(BrianPQuinn) #2

So we are blaming the Vodka instead of something else?? It could have been something else. I would never blame the vodka! Silly child.

Granted I am just excitedly waiting for the Gin and Tonic that has been calling my name since earlier today!

(chicka) #3

i am entirely to scared to drink my sugars are already crazy enuf

(meme) #4

Matt,I should call your mom!  Amber,you are way to young to think of drinking.There are many dangers out there concerning alcohol.Be smart,stay away,atleast until you are much older.   Matt I will give you a pass,ha

(Anonymous) #5

Oh, Meme not even Matt gets a pass :D

You've got to expect all alcohol to always do something to your blood sugar, so. No drinking :D

(meme) #6

Alyssa,you are right,just didn't want Matt mad at me.ha,ha

(meme) #7

Hi,Amber,I wanted to say good for you,thinking ahead!

(Anonymous) #8

Heehee, well, I may tend to get quite a few people mad lol, but hopefully he doesn't hate me too bad :D

(andrewrobeson) #9

Even flavored vodka has zero carbs...so I'm guessing something else caused the high BS.